GOSPACE LABS has always been synonymous with innovation, where the impossible is just another challenge waiting to be mastered. Our journey from the depths of space exploration to a profound partnership with the European Space Agency (ESA) reflects our commitment to harnessing the cosmos’ potential to solve Earth’s challenges.
As innovators, we have continually sought to test the limits of what’s possible. Today, we validate our trailblazing spirit by being selected for the NB-IoT Early Adopter Program by Deutsche Telekom. This distinction paves the way for us to explore uncharted territories in satellite communication, ensuring that our IoT solutions are not only groundbreaking but also universally applicable, even in the most remote areas on Earth.
From the Stratosphere to IoT: Seamless Connectivity
In bringing our celestial knowledge to terrestrial challenges, we’ve focused on one of the most fundamental aspects of modern technology—communication. Our IoT devices don’t just send data; they converse fluently with satellites in Earth’s orbit, bridging the gap between the remote expanses of our planet and the digital landscape.
This is how our devices communicate via satellites:
- IoT Device: This is the starting point of the communication process. An IoT device equipped with the necessary communication technology sends data to a satellite via radio waves.
- Satellite: The satellite receives the data transmitted by the IoT device. It acts as a relay station in space, receiving signals sent from the IoT device on Earth.
- Radio Station: After the satellite captures the data from the IoT device, it then sends this data back to Earth, where it is received by a radio station. The data is then transferred to a server via the internet.
- Server: The server is the central processing unit where the data sent from the IoT device is collected, processed, stored, or possibly further relayed. It’s a critical component for data management and analysis.
- IoT Hub: The server communicates with GOSPACE IoT Hub, our internal cloud.
- Devices – Desktop/App: Finally, the processed data is made accessible to end-user devices such as desktop computers or mobile devices through an application. This allows users to interact with, visualize, or analyze the data collected from the IoT device.
ASTROCAST: A Leap in Satellite Communication
Initially, our communication was channeled through Astrocast, with its duo of satellites skimming 500km above us. This proximity, while effective for line-of-sight communication, presented a limitation—the signal couldn’t blanket the globe continuously, thus relegating us to two brief daily windows of conversation. Real-time, ceaseless communication, a requisite for today’s data-driven operations, was not yet within our reach.
The Geostationary Revolution
Now, in 2024, GOSPACE LABS embarks on a new chapter. With our selection into the NB-IoT Early Adopter Program by Deutsche Telekom, we’ve been granted access to a sentinel stationed in the geostationary orbit—a colossal 36,000km journey skyward! Communicating with satellites at this altitude, our devices, regardless of their Earthly location, can maintain an uninterrupted dialogue with this distant guardian.
Unfettered Global Communication
The implications of this are profound: we are no longer constrained by the Earth’s curvature or the satellite’s orbital schedule. Now, we can build devices that can transmit and receive data in real time, opening up a world where distance is only a number. For industries operating in the far-flung corners of the world, this means an end to data silos and the beginning of a new era of interconnectedness.
GOSPACE LABS’ Legacy Continues
Our journey has been a testament to the power of dreaming big and the relentless pursuit of turning those dreams into reality. GOSPACE LABS continues to break barriers, ensuring that no matter where you are on this blue marble, the power of satellite communication is at your fingertips.